Listen to current and past sermons.
Happiness Is Hard To Find Series (Part 4)
"Happiness Through Spiritual Hunger"
“God never does a saving work in the heart without doing a changing work in the life.”
- John Blanchard
I. The Description Of This Hunger
1. Legal righteousness
2. Moral righteousness
3. Social righteousness
II. The Hindrance Of This Hunger
III. The Result Of This Hunger
Happiness Is Hard To Find Series (Part 3)
"Happiness Through Gentleness"
Happy is the one who recognizes his spiritual poverty, mourns over his sins, and because of it places himself under the control of the Lord.
I. What Is Gentleness?
II. Some Examples Of Gentleness:
1. The Old Testament example of Moses (Numbers 12:3)
2. The New Testament example of Jesus (Matthew 11:29)
III. The Results Of Gentleness:
1. The first result is blessedness
2. The second result is gaining an inheritance
Happiness Is Hard To Find Series (Part 2)
"Happiness Through Brokenness"
While the first beatitude speaks of our attitude towards ourselves, this one speaks to our attitude toward sin.
Does sin in your life cause you to grieve?
I. What Is This Brokenness?
1. It is not a brokenness over personal sorrow
2. It is a brokenness over personal sin
3. It is a brokenness over the sins of others
II. What Is The Blessing Of Brokenness?
1. Be aware of your sin
2. Remember the significance of the cross
3. Realize the effect sin has on others
4. Eliminate anything that hinders your sensitivity to sin
Happiness Is Hard To Find Series (Part 1)
"Happiness Through Dependence"
The world says, “Blessed are the rich and famous, for they will be recognized as important people.”
Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.”
1. What does it mean to be blessed?
2. What does it mean to be poor in spirit?
3. What is the kingdom of heaven?